Wednesday 2 November 2016

OCTOBERS GLOSSYBOX

I feel like October has disappeared before my eyes. I've been meaning to write this post for the past 2 weeks or so ,but I've just not had time, so I apologise for it being so late. However I didn't want to miss it out completely, so better late than never right?

Octobers Glossybox has been created in collaboration with beauty and lifestyle vlogger and blogger Estee Lalonde. It's always exciting when a blogger collaborates with a company to unmask some of their favourite products.

I really enjoyed this months box. There was a good range of makeup and skincare, but you can judge for yourself.

 Trifle Cosmetics Lip Parfait In Exotic Fruits RRP:£12.95
I've never heard of this brand before but instantly fell in love with the shade of this lipstick. I swatched it on my hand and it felt smooth and creamy but it's definitely not a highly pigmented lipstick its more like a light buttery sheen. It's infused with vitamin E which makes it really hydrating. Typically I wouldn't buy this kind of product and I haven't had an awful lot of use out of it if I'm honest but It's nice when I just want to add something pretty to my lips on those "no makeup, makeup kind of days".

The Body Shop Drops Of Youth Concentrate RRP:£25.00 

I've read numerous reviews on this product all good might I add, so naturally, when I saw this in my box I was excited to try it out. The bottle I received was tiny and I've almost used it up. I like the serum, a little goes a long way and it does leave your skin feeling soft, however, I'm not sure I have noticed any visible improvements in my skin and considering it retails at £25 per bottle I had expected a more noticeable difference. That being said I do enjoy using it ,and It does leave my skin feeling smooth & hydrated, but I feel that when you receive a sample size products, it's always difficult to  judge the long-term effects it could have on your skin, as you don't get quite enough product to trial. 

Universal Beauty Cosmetics Secret Flush Lip&Cheek duo RRP:£15.00 
This was the item that surprised me the most. I've never heard of this brand and I really didn't have high expectations for this blush/lip stain. I never wear cream blush, It just doesn't sit nicely on my makeup, I always find it rubs half my foundation off and just makes my face look a little "all over the place". However, I swatched this on my hand and was amazed at the colour, pigmentation and overall application. The shade reminded me of Nars orgasm but in a cream form which I loved. It's the first cream blush that sits nicely over my makeup and I'm 100% convinced to try more products from this brand.

Beegood Honey&Camelina Facial Exfoliator RRP £10.50 
I don't exfoliate my face very often anymore, I use my Clarisonic daily and that works for me. I always find exfoliators can be quite drying and can irritate my sensitive skin. However, I've used this a couple of times and It doesn't irritate my skin or dry my skin out. In fact, It leaves my skin feeling quite moisturised and for £10.50 I think I will definitely be purchasing it again.

PS...PRO Graphic Eyeliner RRP:£3.00 

I know some people were a little disappointed to see a primark product in this months glossybox, however, I didn't mind as I have tried a few primark products now and am really impressed with them, but when I saw this particular item I was disappointed. I don't tend to wear liquid eyeliner very often at all so that's mainly why & I know it's a "graphic eyeliner" but I feel like the only think you could create with this eyeliner would be a hot mess. The product nib of the product was very thick and therefore difficult to work with.

New Beauty Shampoo

 I loved the idea behind this product. Basically, this was a "mystery" product. It was unbranded so we didn't know what we was trying. The idea of this was to test the shampoo out without judging it by its brand, packaging etc. Immediately when testing it out, it smelt familiar , I couldn't quite suss out what it was but I knew it was a drugstore brand. However It smells amazing, and it left my hair feeling amazing and then it was later revealed that it was a head and shoulders shampoo. I wasn't actually shocked as I kind of expected it, I'm not really a "hair snob" so I'm happy to test the waters when it comes to hair care.

I was really impressed with this box, I feel like I've discovered a bunch of products  which I would not have purchased otherwise. I hope you've enjoyed it and let me know if you are thinking about signing up to glossybox, or if you already have a monthly subscription, what's your favourite product so far?



Share:

1 comment

  1. I love Estée. I always watch her on YouTube but I didn't know about this box. Thanks for this.

    ReplyDelete

© STACEY WHITE | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig